Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Sue!

Hello, I made this for my friend Birthday! She is also my Stampin Up dealer, so I used all SU products on this one!


I was totally inspired by this card by Sandi MacIver! I know hers is a Christmas card, but wreaths can be used all year long so I figured it would also work as a Birthday card. This is a Tent Topper card, the base is 4.25 x 8.5" scored in half. Then you attach the circle so that the top over hangs the edge and it measures 5.5" total!


I used one of my favorite colour combos, because I know Sue likes it too! The card base is black, with a layer of cherry cobbler and then a layer of very vanilla. I embossed the vanilla with the square lattice embossing folder and sponged the edges with Tim Holtz antique linen (ok that's not SU!)


The black circle is 3" punch, the cherry is a circle nestie, and the vanilla is a 2.5" circle punch. The wreath branches were made with old olive & the 2 step bird punch. The little flowers were made with the bitty punch. I made the brads sparkle a little by first coating them with black embossing powder and then iridescent ice embossing! The ribbon is the black taffeta, love that stuff!


To balance it out, I added the strip on the bottom with the sentiment from Warmest Regards. The flower here is slightly bigger, I used the 3 flower punch for this one.


I hope she likes it!


Have a Great Day!
Laurie

No comments: