Tuesday, November 9, 2010

CC296, Christmas Nutcracker!

Hello, I made this card for today's colour challenge, CC296 poppy, tempting, white! Now I must admit, and maybe you felt the same, but when poppy parade was first released, I really didn't care too much for it! But paired with the right colours, it is beautiful!

So for todays card, I used a new set from Mark's Finest Papers which is available for purchase today, it's called 'Christmas Postage Due'! This is just one of many stamps in the set.

I stamped the nutcracker onto white and coloured with copics, I found copics R27, R17, & R05 were good matches for the poppy parade! I added stickles to the berries and backed it with black. This panel is popped up.

The card base is poppy parade, with a layer of white and poppy parade dp on the bottom. I also found a scrap of white that was already punched with a heart edge so I added it! The top part of the white was embossed with the Crafts-too snowflake EF.

I finished it off with some satin ribbon from Mark's Finest Papers, a little scrap of fibre and a mini Christmas ornament!

Today is Day 1 of the Mark's Finest Papers BLOG HOP, hop along and leave a comment for your chance to win some great Blog Candy!!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

4 comments:

Maria Matter said...

oh Laurie, this is so beautiful, love your design!
xxx

Our Little Inspirations said...

Gorgeous card, and your coloring is wonderful! Love this one!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous work, Laurie!! I love the bright, vivid colors for this fun nutcracker!!

Roxie said...

I like the bold colors on this card, very nicely done!