Saturday, November 13, 2010

Speedy's Challenge #29, Snowflakes!

Hello, it's time for another Challenge from Speedy's the Cat's Friends, and this week we are challenging you to include snowflakes! That's pretty easy as we enter the snowy months, it could be snowflake dp, embossing, brads, charms, punches etc. whatever you want!

Please make sure to upload your creation to the Mark's Finest Papers Blog. There is a FREE stamp set drawn for every 50 entries. You can use any stamps, but if you use MFP stamps your name is entered twice. You can enter as often as you like. This weeks challenge is open until Friday November 19th.

So I had a funny idea (well I thought it was funny) we have 2 cats, Oliver and Milo and a Dog Franky. Franky is a Border Collie and tends to herd the cats and push them around! But the animals always give the kids a gift at Christmas, and this year the cats are going to give Franky a gift! lol
I really couldn't resist when I saw this Speedy the Cat Stamp in the new set 'Christmas Postage Due', that's what came to mind! I think Franky will be really touched! lol
The box was made with the sizzix Box #2 die. Then I wrapped that beautiful satin ribbon, also from MFP around it, and that reminded me of Santa's belt, so I added the image where the buckle would go. The bag is filled with some yummy dog bones. I made the tage using a sentiment from the same set. I used Spellbinders Tag Shape #3, snowflake embossing folder and an EK snowflake punch.
The little card is 3x3". Super simple, red card base, then white embossed with snowflakes. I stamped the image in black, coloured the hat red, matted it with red and popped it up!
Have a Great Weekend!
Laurie

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Laurie - great use of Speedy! What a wonderful gift set!

Mo Moss said...

love speedy. Anything with speedy Colors are perfect also

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab Speedy card.....I am more of a dog person that a cat person, but Speedy in silhouette is quite fabulous

Becky said...

This is adorable Laurie! I love the design of the card, looks like a postage in the middle, and love the little box of goodies, it does look like Santa's belt. :)

Joanne Travis said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Laurie!! Isn't it nice to get a headstart on holiday preparations? Maybe by December we will all be able to spend more time relaxing and enjoying the holiday with everything done by then. Here's hoping :)
Lovely ideas, thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

that sound good stampinvirgo5.blogspot.com

Harriet Skelly said...

Laurie I love your card and gift set! Speedy is so cute in that Santa hat!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous and so creative!! Frankie will love it I'm sure!!

Carol L said...

How CUTE! Great job on this project! Nothing is cuter than Speedy wearing a Santa hat! LOVE this!!