Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Childhood Memories


Hello, I made this for the colour challenge this week, krafty, riding, sun CC210. I also used the sketch challenge on Jenn Balcer's blog. I saw several cards online using this layout, & I loved them so I had to give it a try. The stamp set is "Dolls" from Hero Arts.

In the 1970's my parents went on a trip to Russia and brought back a huge set of these dolls for my Brother & Sister & I. Some of the set has been worn out or lost, but there are still some left at my Mom's, and now our kids play with them!
When I say this set, I had to get it! These colours fit perfectly with these dolls! I coloured the doll with prismacolour pencils & oms.

The card base is black, with a layer of dp on top & riding hood red on the bottom. There's also a strip of kraft across the middle that was stamped with an edge stamp from the same set, and embossed with black EP.

I used a nestie label #1 die to make the black & kraft panels that are tucked behind. The flowers were made with a fiskars & SU flower punch.
What do you think?
Laurie

No comments: