Monday, March 30, 2009


Hello, I made this for the March new set challenge hosted by Vicki (summerthyme64) on the Hanna Stamps forum. You can find all the details here there's still lots of time left to play, why not give it a try! We were to use the Wee Hanna stamp set and use primary colours only!

I started out intending to make a simple card, but the images were too cute to just use one, so I made a whole set complete with bed for wee Hanna & 2 faux dressers to store her clothes!


The images, Hanna & all her clothes were stamped with noir black onto white & coloured with copics. You can't see it in the photo, but I added sparkle with gelly roll pens to the red on the cheerleader's outfit, and the roses on the ballet outfit.

The folder is a regular card size, 5.5 x 4.25". The base is white. On the front I added real red to the top. The pillow was made with a square nestie. The bottom is real red dp with a strip of white I found in my scrap bin, already scalloped with an edge punch. I put 1/4" foam tape around the bottom & side edges on the bottom (blanket) panel. This makes it a little easier to slip the paper doll into.

The drawers on the inside were made with white & 2 strips of dp each to resemble drawers. The knobs were made with a standard hole punch. These were also attached with 1/4" foam tape around the 3 edges. I wrapped the ribbon around the whole thing, it's stuck down with tape. I left it long so it would be easier for little ones to tie up.

Olivia loves it, and the bed on the front was actually her idea! What do you think?
Have a Great Evening
Laurie

No comments: