Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rachel's an Artist!


Hello, this is a scrapbook page I made for Erika's (SunshineMama) challenge STVSCR5 on stamptv.

This is a picture of my Daughter Rachel. Her schools art dept was involved in a beautification project last year. They painted garbage cans with historical people and events of the city. This is her's of the workers who helped build our local hospital. It is currently sitting in front of the hospital. I'm so proud of her!

I used so saffron and stamped it with matching ink & the canvas bg stamp.The zebra is from 'Jumping for Joy'. I stamped him with versamark & embossed with black. I also stamped his head again, embossed, cut out & popped it up. I made small cuts along his leg to thread the ribbon through. A bow just didn't seem right for this, so I made a few knots along the ribbon.

All the stars and photo corners were made with punches. The smallest star was made with a fiskars punch which fits nicely into the center of the small SU star punch.I used 3 sentiments from the 'Jumping for Joy' set, great job, you rock, super star, and that she is!

For the very first time, I risked using my own handing on the page, it didn't turn out too bad! If you're leary about handwriting on your scrapbook pages, try this. First practice by writing on a piece of vellum. Then position the vellum over the spot you would write it to see if it fits & how it looks. Do this til you're comfortable & then take the plunge! that's what I did.
Let me know what you think
Laurie
Let me know what you think

No comments: